Sunday, March 4, 2018

Pre-Trip Butterflies


Pre-Trip Butterflies – March 5, 2018 

Northern Illinois University Study Abroad


In just a few days, an experience of a lifetime will come my way because I will be flying on an airplane to Katowice, Poland to study at the Academy of Fine Arts. I am especially excited because this will be my first time out of the United States. I attended meetings prior to this occasion about this study abroad trip through NIU which consisted of information regarding the flight and what to pack. These meetings explored what to expect at these workshops at the Academy along with famous sites and architecture we will be visiting. As I have mentioned before, this is my first time visiting another country so these meetings were quite helpful.

As of now, I have written a list of items to bring but have not yet finished packing. I am going to complete that process as quickly as possible and purchase any needed items—so I can be properly prepared for Poland. During the last meeting, we discussed that I, along with my NIU peers, will need to organize a presentation about ourselves so that Polish professors and students can get to know us better. The idea of introducing myself through a presentation to a large crowd of people I have never met before makes me a bit nervous but I cannot wait to see what will come from it.

Places we will visit:

Silver mine (Tarnowskie Gory). 
Nikiszowiec
Wilson Shaft Art gallery
Pszczyna 
Auschwitz
Tour of Krakow

No comments:

Post a Comment