Sunday, March 25, 2018

Return (PL to USA)


Return – March 25, 2018

Northern Illinois University Study Abroad, Poland


It has been about one week since I returned to the United States. While I was in Poland, my mind was at peace because I was able to escape my hectic schedule back at home. Upon returning, it has been crazy jumping right back into school, work, and readjusting my sleep pattern (Poland is 6 hours ahead). The trip was amazing while it lasted but now I am back to reality—but when all is said and done, I am happy to be back home.

Last school year, this study abroad trip was first introduced to me but I did not have the funds to make it happen. I set a goal for myself to at least go once before graduation. So I applied for scholarships and grants and was able to make my dream of visiting Poland come true this spring semester.

My experience in Poland was everything and more I could ask for. I learned useful information during all three of the workshops I attended which will help me in the field of graphic design. I got to see famous historical sites most people don’t get to in a lifetime, plus, I met so many inspiring people who made the experience that much more exciting. As someone with Polish heritage, it was especially breathtaking to see what I saw while this beautiful country and try such delicious food. Whether it be through NIU’s study abroad program or in my own time, I plan on visiting Poland again one day to explore more of what it has to offer.  

1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for business loan to refinance your needs then pedro loan offer will be good for you because is genuine and liable to work with on an affordable rate and simple loan terms and conditions, also for any kind of loans you wished to apply with email pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete