Thursday, March 8, 2018

Departure (USA to PL)


Departure – March 8, 2018

Northern Illinois University Study Abroad


The day has finally arrived where I begin my study abroad journey inside the beautiful country of Poland. My peers and I will be meeting at NIU’s art building this evening, from there, we will be taking a bus to the airport. Our expected time of arrival at the airport is 6:30 p.m. and I cannot wait! Everything for me is packed and ready so I can afford to attend my design class before departure. 

I received several messages from family/friends wishing me luck and safe travels—they seem just as excited for me as I do for myself. I remember applying for this trip at the beginning of spring semester so it is unreal this is actually happening now. The last time I was on an airplane was over 6 years ago and for just a few hours. This time, the flight will be 8 hours long which will be much more tiring, I’m sure. Upon our initial arrival in Poland, we will check into hotel rooms, eat dinner, then go to sleep. It is a relief knowing that after such an extensive flight, we will be given time to rest before getting started. Here’s to a successful trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment